- Positive Parenting- unconditional support, guiding them and supporting them for healthy development.
- Attachment Parenting- strengthen the intuitive, psychological and emotional bond between the primary caregiver
- Unconditional Parenting- giving unconditional positive encouragement
- Spiritual Parenting- respecting the child’s individuality, making space for child to develop a sense of their own beliefs through their personality and their own potentials
- Slow Parenting- allowing the child to develop their own interests and allowing them to grow into their own person, lots of family time, allowing children to make their own decisions, limit electronics, simplistic toys
- Helicopter Parenting- over-parenting, parents are constantly involving themselves, interrupting the childs ability to function on their own
- Narcissistic Parenting- parents are driven by their own needs, their children are an extension of their own idenity, use their children to live out their dreams
- Toxic Parenting- poor parenting, complete disruption of the child’s ability to identify one’s self and reduced self-esteem, neglecting the needs of the child and abuse is sometimes seen in this parenting style.
For more information, please visit: Wikipedia
A parenting style is a psychological construct representing standard strategies that parents use in their child rearing. There are many differing theories and opinions on the best ways to rear children, as well as differing levels of time and effort that parents are willing to invest. Many parents create their own style from a combination of factors, and these may evolve over time as the… More
Parents Helping Parents is an American non-profit organization. It is based in Watertown, Massachusetts. The organization offers support groups in several dozen locations across Massachusetts. The groups meet weekly so that members can receive and give support to one another. References Susan Chaityn Lebovits (2007-12-16). “Offering a parental shoulder”. The Boston Globe. Nora Cardec (2000-09-17). “Group Helps Lessen Stress of Raising Kids”. Worcester Telegram &… More